Terms & Conditions
You are granted a revocable license to use the Services according to the terms and conditions contained herein.
Users: You may not print, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute content available through the site to online bulletin boards, message boards, newsgroups, chat rooms, or in other any manner without our prior written permission. Modification of the content or use of the content for any purpose, other than your own personal, noncommercial use is a violation of our copyright and other proprietary rights, and can subject you to legal liability.
You may not post or obtain any content using the web site which: is threatening, obscene, pornographic or profane, or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable law. While LawyerZone.com does not and cannot review all content provided to it, and is not responsible for such content, LawyerZone.com reserves the right to delete, edit or rearrange content that it, in its sole discretion, deems abusive, defamatory, obscene or in violation of copyright or trademark laws or otherwise unacceptable, without notice or compensation or liability. You acknowledge that any content may be removed, published, copied, modified, transmitted and displayed by LawyerZone.com for the purposes of delivering the offered services. LawyerZone.com will not be liable for any content provided to it, including the photographs and any content added by account holders.
In addition, in connection with your use of the site services, you agree not to:
Restrict or inhibit any other visitor from using the site services, including, without limitation, by means of denial of service, “hacking” or defacing any portion of any of our web sites;
- Use the site services for any unlawful purpose;
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent;
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site services or any of our web sites;
- “Frame” or “mirror” any content available through the site services or any of our web sites without our prior written authorization;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to download, retrieve, index, “data mine,” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the content available through the site services or any of our web sites; or
- Harvest or collect information about users of the site services without their express consent.
You further agree that at no time will you, directly or indirectly, engage in, assist, abet, encourage, facilitate or approve the following:
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another.
- Download any file posted by any photographer that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the site services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines or applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Services or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
While LawyerZone.com uses reasonable efforts to ensure compliance with applicable laws relating to rights of privacy or publicity, including the use of subject releases when necessary and requiring content creators to screen the information posted on the web site, it makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, correctness or reliability of the information contained herein, nor can LawyerZone.com ensure that all persons depicted in the photographs have consented to the display of their image on this web site. If any information or a photograph appears on this web site without your consent and you wish to have it removed, please copy the image and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your reason why you would like it removed.
You also agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with your use of the Site services and the content made available therein.
- In connection with the Services, we will display content that is created by us and also content that may not be created by us, which together shall be considered the “Site Information”. We may review any Site Information to determine whether it is in violation of any law or our policies, and may refuse to display or remove any content or Site Information in our sole discretion. We are not responsible for actively monitoring any Site Information developed or posted by third-parties, including LawyerZone.com which are the subject of the Site Information, and we do not guarantee the accuracy or quality of any component or part of Site Information.
- The Site Information is intended as general information to the public and not intended to provide specialized or unique information to any particular individual. Your use of the Services, including communications provided to legal professionals, does not constitute an attorney-client relationship between LawyerZone.com and You, nor does it, in and of itself, create an attorney-client relationship between You and the particular legal professional you are contacting through the Services. NOTE THAT ANY COMMUNICATION USING THE SERVICES MAY NOT BE CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY NOT BE SUBJECT TO THE ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGE AND YOU SHOULD BE CAREFUL WHAT IS COMMUNICATED USING THE SERVICES.
- You understand and agree that you are personally responsible for your behavior on the Site. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless LawyerZone.com, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, joint ventures, business partners, licensors, employees, agents, and any third-party information providers to the Service from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from or arising out of your use, misuse, or inability to use the Site, the Service, or the Content, or any violation by you of this Agreement. You are solely responsible for all content you post on or submit to any forums or message board contained on the site. You are aware and acknowledge that LawyerZone.com has no obligation to monitor any forum or message board and you are not relying upon LawyerZone.com to monitor the forums or message board. Furthermore, LawyerZone.com shall not be responsible or liable to any person or entity whatsoever (including, without limitation, persons who may use or rely on such data or materials or to whom such data or materials may be furnished) for any loss, damage (whether actual, consequential, punitive or otherwise), injury, claim, liability or other cause of any kind or character whatsoever based upon or resulting from any information or opinions provided in or through LawyerZone.com. Any forum or message board shall be used only in a noncommercial manner.
- We do not review, advise, or otherwise screen any information provided by a legal professional with regard to advertisements, information, or any communications with any User provided through the Services. Each legal professional is specifically responsible for ensuring any such information, advertisements, or communication complies with any applicable law and rule of professional conduct for their particular jurisdiction. Users concerned about potential ethics or professional misconduct issues are suggested to contact the respective Board of Professional Responsibility for their jurisdiction.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, LawyerZone.com hereby claims all right, title and interest in the Site Information, the Services and its affiliated Trademark, Tradename, Domain Name herein as protected by U.S. and/or Foreign copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws, and belong to LawyerZone.com or its partners, affiliates, contributors or third parties. The copyrights in the Content are owned by LawyerZone.com or other copyright owners who have authorized their use on the Site. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the site services. You may not manipulate or alter in any way images or other Content on the Site without specific permission from LawyerZone.com or the copyright owner. You are specifically prohibited from using any of the marks or logos appearing throughout the Site without permission from the trademark owner, except as permitted by applicable law.
- Any software available for download via the Site is the copyrighted work of LawyerZone.com and/or its licensors. Use of such software is governed by the terms of the end user license agreement that accompanies or is included with the software. Downloading, installing, and/or using any such software indicates your acceptance of the terms of the end user license agreement. LawyerZone.com is not responsible nor liable for any use or installation of such software.
- LawyerZone.com is not responsible for any damage or inability to contact the Site or the Service. LawyerZone.com uses reasonable means to ensure that the Service is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. However, there will be occasions when the Service will be interrupted for maintenance, upgrades and emergency repairs or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment that are beyond the control of LawyerZone.com. You agree that LawyerZone.com shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- You understand and agree that you are personally responsible for your behavior on the Site. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless LawyerZone.com, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, joint ventures, business partners, licensors, employees, agents, and any third-party information providers to the Service from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from or arising out of your use, misuse, or inability to use the Site, the Service, or the Content, or any violation by you of this Agreement.
- Enforcement/ Choice of Law/ Choice of Forum. If any part of this Agreement is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, it will not impact any other provision of this Agreement, all of which will remain in full force and effect. Any and all disputes relating to this Agreement, your use of the Site, any other LawyerZone.com web site, the Service, or the Content are governed by, and will be interpreted in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to any conflict of laws provisions.
- Changes to Services. LawyerZone.com may at any time, and with no notice or with reasonable notice, change the site services, including eliminating or discontinuing any content or feature of the site services; or impose fees, charges or other conditions for use of the site services. User acknowledges that such may change and shall not rely on LawyerZone.com for any service or feature or price.
- The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by LawyerZone.com or one of its subsidiaries infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to our web sites should be sent to email@example.com. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as legal advice and it is not intended as legal advice.
- The Service is directed solely to individuals residing in the United States. We make no representation that materials provided through the Service are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Service from other locations do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent applicable. We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Service to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction we so desire, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any such service or product that we provide.